AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Desc1 split in some top ads, part w/ headline and part w/ with desc2?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the ad below (from top position in a search today on "Utah PPC agency"), is description line 1 being split, with part joining the headline and part being combined below with description line 2? How long has this been happening? Presumably, it depends on end punctuation in the middle of desc1. (Note that the text below the display URL -- "Local Touch. . . ." -- where we'd expect desc2 if desc1 is with the headline, is 44 characters -- too long for a single line.)

Here's the ad:

Utah's #1 PPC Agency 2015 - National Expertise

Ad  www.disruptiveadvertising.com/Utah    (877) 956-7510

Local Touch. Get Your Free Evaluation Today!         <<< Note: 44 chars.

(callouts here)

(sitelinks here)

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric Gehler (Badged Google Partner)
September 2015

Re: Desc1 split in some top ads, part w/ headline and part w/ with des

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @David R;

This is a long time practice with ads above the search results page;

It seems like a combination:

1.  Adding description line 1 to the ad line (a common practice) 

>>" For some ads where each line appears to be a distinct sentence and ends in the proper punctuation, description line 1 will be moved to the headline and separated by a hyphen. As a result, some top placement ads will have longer headlines.

http://adwords.blogspot.co.il/2011/02/longer-headlines-for-select-ads-on.html

2. And also a dynamic structure snippet: your ads may now include additional information about the products and services offered on your site beneath your ad text.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6098371

However, to be sure about the latter - how the ad was initially written? And what is the URL promoted?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric Gehler (Badged Google Partner)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @David R;

This is a long time practice with ads above the search results page;

It seems like a combination:

1.  Adding description line 1 to the ad line (a common practice) 

>>" For some ads where each line appears to be a distinct sentence and ends in the proper punctuation, description line 1 will be moved to the headline and separated by a hyphen. As a result, some top placement ads will have longer headlines.

http://adwords.blogspot.co.il/2011/02/longer-headlines-for-select-ads-on.html

2. And also a dynamic structure snippet: your ads may now include additional information about the products and services offered on your site beneath your ad text.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6098371

However, to be sure about the latter - how the ad was initially written? And what is the URL promoted?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's not my company's ad, so I can't say how they structured it. But thanks for the insight. Five years of PPC, and I'm just noticing/hearing of dynamic snippets.

But what's the ad text that this snippet is placed below? I didn't leave anything out above it . . .

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
I suppose it's because they have a dot in the middle of the first line of description and only part of description is showing in header.

Their ad probably looks like this:

Utah's #1 PPC Agency 2015 (header - length 25)
National Expertise‎. Local Touch. (description line 1 - length 33)
Get Your Free Evaluation Today! (description line 2 - length 31)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That makes sense. I think I'll have to test this. Thanks!