AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Deleted ad is showing up...and it's misspelled, please help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently cancelled an external Adwords management service and am doing it myself.  I only have 3 ads running under one campaign, at least as far as I can tell.  I received a monthly Adwords email today and my top performing ad is not one of the three that I can see in my Campaign Management.  This ad is one I don't want because it has a major spelling mistake and includes my phone number, which I know is not allowed.  As I said, I can't see it anywhere in Campaign Management, so how do I get rid of it?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew W
September 2015

Re: Deleted ad is showing up...and it's misspelled, please help.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Andrew W,

The report can include data on ads or campaigns that were running during the report period but deleted later. When you are on the ads tab, make sure you are looking at "All", not just "All active" or "All but deleted". It toward the top of the report area. If the ad has been deleted, it won't be a problem for you.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew W
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Andrew W,

The report can include data on ads or campaigns that were running during the report period but deleted later. When you are on the ads tab, make sure you are looking at "All", not just "All active" or "All but deleted". It toward the top of the report area. If the ad has been deleted, it won't be a problem for you.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Aha!  Thanks for that.