AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Delete or pause

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

If we don't a particular keyword should be delete it or pause it. 

What are the benefits of it of doing so.

Thanks & warm regards,

Luth-fi

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author luthfe
September 2015

Re: Delete or pause

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Luth-fi,

From what I understand, pausing and deleting keywords/ads will essentially accomplish the same thing. They will be considered inactive, but will still play a role in calculating Quality Score (QS) as they are part of historic account performance, which is a factor of QS.

Overtime, the rest of your account should accrue positive (hopefully Smiley Happy ) performance and the deleted/paused ads & keywords impact on QS should diminish.

Hopefully community experts will chime in to provide additional advice.

Thanks,

BI

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

BlueIon is right ; QS will continue to be based on past performance for some time, but its "weight" in the overall performance will decrease over time.

One point to remember is that paused ads are checked, and can be reactivated, in the future, if you choose to. Deleted ads cannot be recovered.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Luth-fi,

I think  you're on to something here. That's how I make the decision whether to delete or pause keywords.

Deleted and paused keywords can affect your overall account scores, which can in turn affect the QS of new keywords and keywords with fewer than 1000 impressions.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Luth-fi,

From what I understand, pausing and deleting keywords/ads will essentially accomplish the same thing. They will be considered inactive, but will still play a role in calculating Quality Score (QS) as they are part of historic account performance, which is a factor of QS.

Overtime, the rest of your account should accrue positive (hopefully Smiley Happy ) performance and the deleted/paused ads & keywords impact on QS should diminish.

Hopefully community experts will chime in to provide additional advice.

Thanks,

BI

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

BlueIon is right ; QS will continue to be based on past performance for some time, but its "weight" in the overall performance will decrease over time.

One point to remember is that paused ads are checked, and can be reactivated, in the future, if you choose to. Deleted ads cannot be recovered.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Dear Blueon & Moshe TLV

Thank you for your reply. In this case I would say it is better to pause, if wanted we can reactivate the keywords.

Warm regards,

Luth-fi

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Luth-fi,

I think  you're on to something here. That's how I make the decision whether to delete or pause keywords.

Deleted and paused keywords can affect your overall account scores, which can in turn affect the QS of new keywords and keywords with fewer than 1000 impressions.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Dear Petebardo,

Thank you for your reply.

Warm regards,

Luth-fi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

MosheTLV wrote:

Hi @Moshe

then I have a question regarding this. There is this little functionality. If I don't remember wrong, Adwords used to recover deleted Keywords once upon a time (including history). Not now any more? then what is this functionality for?

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hello Marcos;
For your records only for statistics / reports...etc..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe,
Thanks. I still don't understand, because currently I can't visualise any deleted kw when selecting "all"... I got a question regarding this in the spanish community and got quite confused.
Regards

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Marcos;

Hmmm.... Are you sure they have been deleted?