AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Day Parting Not Working?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I set up day parting for a client of mine. I set it up for ads not to run from 12am to 6am in the morning. New York time. He told me he was up late one night (2:30am), he lives near New York and said he saw his ad. I tried early this morning and couldn't find any ads, but he is convinced he saw his ad.

Is this common? Has anyone else seen their ads show outside of times they are supposed to?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Day Parting Not Working?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Good morning.

Day parting does work--within the settings of the campaign.

Setting the time of day when ads should appear triggers those restrictions for the time zone of the account.  If the account's time zone is set to Eastern Time, then your ads should be showing correctly but if the account was set up with a different time zone, then you'll have to adjust the "excluded" hours to match what time it is in New York.

That is, if you set up the account for Central Time, then that's an hour behind Eastern Time and you'd want to change your exclusion to 11pm - 5am because when it's 11pm in Central time zone cities, it's midnight in Eastern time zone cities.

Also, I'm sure you've explained to your client that ads aren't necessarily guaranteed to show for 100% of the searches on their keywords?

Hope that helps!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

You can check this by going to Dimensions, Time, Hour of the day

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Good morning.

Day parting does work--within the settings of the campaign.

Setting the time of day when ads should appear triggers those restrictions for the time zone of the account.  If the account's time zone is set to Eastern Time, then your ads should be showing correctly but if the account was set up with a different time zone, then you'll have to adjust the "excluded" hours to match what time it is in New York.

That is, if you set up the account for Central Time, then that's an hour behind Eastern Time and you'd want to change your exclusion to 11pm - 5am because when it's 11pm in Central time zone cities, it's midnight in Eastern time zone cities.

Also, I'm sure you've explained to your client that ads aren't necessarily guaranteed to show for 100% of the searches on their keywords?

Hope that helps!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*