AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

DSA: use page_content for exact match

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a web shop which contains breadcrumbs on each page. I would like to use DSA and PAGE_CONTENT to match a part of the breadcrumb.

Breadcrumbs look like so:

HOME / TOP PRODUCTS / DIGITAL CAMERAS

Is there a way to exactly match "HOME / TOP PRODUCTS" so only pages which have this breadcrumb match.

I tried "HOME / TOP PRODUCTS" without the quotes, but I also get other pages, because "Top products" is found in the menu. When I try with quotes, I get no clicks.

Any ideas?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: DSA: use page_content for exact match

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

There are different methods by which you can specify to AdWords system to target particular pages of your website. If you want to be as specific as you can, you can go with the Title option inside ad targets and add the same Title which is there on your web page. The system will try to match with that particular page and send the user on that page.

Also, if your website's presence organically is strong, you can see different categories as well and try to target using categories. 

More details can be found here:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497706

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I cannot match 'title' on breadcrumbs. I need to match page content. On the DSA info page I cannot find the right info.

My question is is there a way to EXACT match a string on a page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Did you get an answer to your question? I have the exact same needs..

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

I'd recommend checking out Rakesh's recent article on DSA campaigns.

If this doesn't answer your question, please start a new thread, since that is the quickest way to get an answer!

Thanks,
Cassie