AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

DSA updates and auto targets question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Dealing with DSA campaign recently I have 2 questions relatad to it:
1. How often Google updates the info from my DSA campaign and how often Google Organic Search Index (googlebot?) updates the changes in the website. For example - if I add an exclusion to my DSA campaign, when it will start running? And if a certain page in the website is changed when the change will appear in the campaign. 
Can I see this info somewhere out of the web-server? 

2. Why when I create an ad-group in DSA campaign it automatically adds the 11th themes Google defined as categories of my domain? What if I want to use a target, concerning specific url or content, not category? - Shall I just pause the one that I don't need, or remove?

Thanks  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: DSA updates and auto targets question

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

As far as your first question is concerned, it should start ASAP when you add any exclusions to your DSA campaigns. Think of it like a regular search campaign where you are adding some negative keyword to prevent ad being displayed there.If you change anything on your website, then to the best of my knowledge, as long as that page or pages will not get indexed in Organic search results, you shouldn't be expecting any changes to your DSA ads or the landing pages. That's because your DSA ads are actually dependent upon how well your website is organically present in Google.

For your second question, you have multiple ways to go for. It is not mandatory to add targets using Categories only. You could use the Title feature, URL or Page Content feature as well to create the Dynamic Ad Targets. More information is here:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497706

Pankaj