AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

DSA not running? Why?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys,

So, I created 4 DSAs a week ago and none of them has gotten a single impression. What could be the possible reason? Im trying to figure this thing out and Im kinda lost right now. Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: DSA not running? Why?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Petya,

This link may be useful in finding out what the issue is:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549052

Let me know if that was helpful

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Clynton,

I checked that before posting here, everything is set up properly. I also checked some of the threads in the forum that deal with that, but nothing helped.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Petya,

Did you create a separate DSAs related campaign or tried created these ads within other campaigns?

How have you set up the Dynamic ad targets like containing all webpages or with some specific conditions?

Pankaj

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Also did you apply a negative keywords list to that DSA campaign , as it is used to ?

For example If somebody wants to discover new keywords with the DSA campaign search terms , he/she can apply a negative keywords list with all the keywords from the normal search campaigns. This has also the effect of lowering the potential traffic for that DSA campaign.

There is also the a requirement that I often forget about, that is to add a "dynamic ad target" from the "Auto targets" tab . Luckily the notifications now take care of this too.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

I created a designated DSA campaign. Initial targeting is all web pages. I thought I let it run like this first and then once I gather more info I will make more designated ad groups.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Adrian,
No negative lists. I do have targets.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Petya S for the feedback.

Then the next thing to check is how much organic traffic your site has, in the webmaster tools

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home?hl=en

If you have access as admin to the google analytics , you can be added automatically as a user to webmaster tools.

I think DSA serving is based on organic search terms that already show pages from your site. If you site is made from 10 pages and has 10 organic clicks per day it will also have a low traffic in the DSA campaign. DSA is mostly useful for e-commerce sites with thousands of pages in SERPS.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2471185?hl=en

"How Dynamic Search Ads workInstead of keywords, we use content from your website domain to target your ads to searches. To do so, we use Google's organic search index of your website to determine which searches might be relevant to the products and services offered on your website.

• "

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Adrian,
It has an okay organic search and thousands of pages.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Then there seems to be nothing wrong with the setup. I would try next to set a higher bid and a lower daily budget to allow 10-15 clicks just to force serving of ads because of higher ad rank.

Have you added extensions to that campaign ? Extensions now play a role in increasing the ad rank and the chances to get higher ad positions. It helps to have the basic extensions : call, location, min. 6 sitelinks