AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

DN's placement targeting isn't working. Is there something wrong?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I was trying to create new campaign on Display Network but I couldn't use the placement as my targeting method. It is method is not available to use, now,  I wonder if there is something wrong with adwrods interface.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: DN's placement targeting isn't working. Is there something wrong?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Bedz,

You'll need to choose one of these campaign types when you create your campaign for placement targeting:

• "Display Network only - All features"
  • "Search & Display Networks - All features"

There are 2 ways to check the placements-

1. Placement tool available in “Tools and analysis > Placement tool”
    And search by your keywords.

You can see quite no. of relevant websites.

2. Campaign > Display network > Placements > Change display targeting > Select an ad group > Search for placement ideas.

And then you can search by your keywords, you will get a list of websites and choose which ever you feel like.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Bedz,

You'll need to choose one of these campaign types when you create your campaign for placement targeting:

• "Display Network only - All features"
  • "Search & Display Networks - All features"

There are 2 ways to check the placements-

1. Placement tool available in “Tools and analysis > Placement tool”
    And search by your keywords.

You can see quite no. of relevant websites.

2. Campaign > Display network > Placements > Change display targeting > Select an ad group > Search for placement ideas.

And then you can search by your keywords, you will get a list of websites and choose which ever you feel like.

Hope this helps.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello SJAdWiser,

Thank you for your quick response.

Yeah, I already tried those actions before I posted my concern here. First, I tried creating an ad group directly from the Display Network itself. I went through the necessary steps in creating an ad group there, but it popped up with an error message (I Believe) wherein it says, "this targeting method is not available, please try again later". So, I tried it many times since last Monday but still I couldn't make it work. And so, I tried the placement feature in "Tools and Analysis" but it requires me to have at least one existing ad group in which I am not able to create because placement feature directly from the GDN is not working. (Wew! I hope I have explained it clearer this time). So, I am wondering if there is something going on in using the GDN?

Thanks anyway! 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Bedz,

I haven't quite understood the problem, but some information is required-

1. What is the campaign type?

You can find it from Campaign > Settings tab > Campaign settings > Type 

2. Does your campaign type supports the placements targeting ("Display Network only - All features" or "Search & Display Networks - All features")

3. Create ad group-

While creating the ad group, you can see "Placements" as one of the options while creating it itself.

Did you try adding the placements here. 

Do you get any error here.

If possible please post a snapshot of screen where you are getting this error.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Snapshot

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

So what I did was, I created an ad group using different targeting method (topics) then after I created the ad group that's the time I placed the placement as additional targeting method.(just to test if this works fine)