AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

DKI Question

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have to use a keywrd "Blackberry" in an adcopy, but due to trademark issue, ad may not be approved. So I have decided to use a Dynamic Ads title like

{KeyWord: Black Berry Repair}.

My keywords are

Blackberry shop

blackberry repair shop

etc..

So, when a user search for "blackberry repair shop" , then how my ads title will be show it him

Blackberry Repair Shop

or

Blackberry Repair Shop

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: DKI Question

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi there, 

Some good answers here! And the community is correct, if you are using a trademarked term in a keyword and are using keyword insertion, if you had authorisation to use this term (or were passing the reseller test) this keyword could be inserted into your ad text. However, if you do not have authorisation to use this term or are unable to pass the reseller test, your keyword will not be inserted into the ad text. 

Hope this helps!

A. 

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Some Trademark Keywords need approvals for use.If you want to use "blackberry "in ads text you can use it through the dynamic keyword insertion ,but have another generic adcopy also with Mobile repair shop as a headline ,see which one works

Amol

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Anil_Singh;

As said by amolpomane; there are regions where you cannot use a trade-name in your ad-copy or as a keyword, Trade-name policy is territory dependent;

Please review the trade-name policy guideline in your region in the following link;

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6118

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

For the search term "blackberry repair shop" your ad would NOT be shown - Whether you use trademark term as DKI or direct, it does not matter. If it is covered by trademark, it will not be shown in that region..

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi there, 

Some good answers here! And the community is correct, if you are using a trademarked term in a keyword and are using keyword insertion, if you had authorisation to use this term (or were passing the reseller test) this keyword could be inserted into your ad text. However, if you do not have authorisation to use this term or are unable to pass the reseller test, your keyword will not be inserted into the ad text. 

Hope this helps!

A.