AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

DCO Targetting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to try the DCO on my campaigns, however all the articles I read said to create empty ad groups with no targetting and enable DCO on those.

However, it's not letting me create an adgroup without any targetting and DCO enabled.

Is there anyway I can get around this or is there a new best practice?

Re: DCO Targetting

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Stanna,

You can disregard those articles. Currently google has moved DCO as an option at the ad group level only for campaigns which have a history of at least 15 conversions and it offers "Additional targeting".

So you need to start with some targeting in your ad group, gain 15 conversions , then you can start using what is now called Aggressive targeting (Display Campaign Optimizer).

Read more from here :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/190596?hl=en

Also try to understand the difference between "Conversion optimizer" , which is a bidding method set at the campaign level and "Display campaign optimizer" which is a targeting and bidding setting at the ad group level. These two terms can be easily confused.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So currently I have the CO enabled with a target of where we want our leads to come in at a price that's competitive and has an okay margin for us. Our main ad groups have DCO enabled on aggressive.

The results are similar to that of just enabling CO - our spend is declining by the day but our actual CPA is also dropping daily and is coming in almost 40% cheaper than our target bid.

My fear with raising the CO target CPA to break even for example is if the leads all start coming in at break even instead of a profitable margin. I want to achieve the higher spend at our target CPA, but currently I'm getting lower spend and cheaper CPAs.

Is there anything I'm missing or could change in order for the DCO to become 'more aggressive' and start to bid in an aggressive manor while coming in around our Target CPA?

Edit: Also, we're only spending about 20% of our budget with CO and DCO enabled and paying CPA about 40% cheaper than our Target CPA. With CO and DCO disabled, we're able spend 80-100% of our daily budget, at a CPA around our Target CPA within a 10-15% variance. We were hoping the CO and DCO could maintain our spend but bring in more leads at a better price and then we could slowly increase our spend daily.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any one have any thoughts on this?