AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Customer could not find my Ad.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone, had a customer call me at home and tell me they could not

find my business ad. I asked them what they typed in google search and what

they had typed was an exact match keyword I use. They said they tried the search

twice and no ad. Daily budget not used up. Any ideas why ad not showing on live

search, as I tested today on ad preview and diagnosis, says ad is showing with

exact match keyword. Thank You.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Customer could not find my Ad.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello.

One of the reasons for this behaviour may be that the daily budget, though not used up, may not cover all the estimated searches during a day.

Let's say that the terms in your ad group are searched, for the area you're targeting, about 10000 times a day, and the average cost per click is somewhere around 10 cents, and the click through rate is 5%. If your daily budget is not at least 0.05 x 10 x 10000, namely 50 USD, your ad cannot be shown EVERY TIME a search query matches one of your keywords.

Have a look at "impression share". If it's not close to 100%, and if you lose impression share for budget reasons, raise the budget. If you lose impression share for rank reasons, work on your ads and keywords and bids in order to make sure you get a higher ad rank.

Here's a useful link that should get you started: http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703?hl=en

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Customer could not find my Ad.

[ Edited ]
Ita Google Employee
Google Employee
# 3
Ita Google Employee
Google Employee

Hi Bills4065, 

Calin gave you a great answer. I would also recommend the impression share report to you (instructions here). I'd look at the impression share lost for ad rank as well as budget. If you're not spending budget but not getting impressions you might need to work on bid and quality score. 

Ita