AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Customer Match Requirement - Email addresses must be associated with a Google account.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One of the caveats for using the Customer Match feature with email address is

• Email addresses must be associated with a Google account.

https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/remarketing#customer_match_with_email_address

What's the definition of a Google account?  Is it simply that the email address is an @gmail.com email?  

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thanh K
June

Customer Match Requirement - Email addresses must be associated with a Google account.

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

The @gmail.com email address is the obvious google account.  The other would be any non-gmail address that someone has registered with Google in order to gain access to Analytics, AdWords, etc.  These would most likely be corporate email addresses.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Kyle.  Do you know if there is a facility to check if an email is registered to a Google account?  We have our internal list of emails and would like to have a way to flag if the email is or isn't associated with a Google account.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Not that I know of where it would tell you or not.  When you upload them to Google to use for remarketing, they will obviously flag and use the ones that are registered accounts.  I am not aware of any way to get that list back out.