AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Customer Email List: How to create opt-out link for emails?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I'm working on Customer Emails List in Adwords & I see an input field requiring us to provide an opt-out link.

I don't know we can create our page ourselves or I have to use some opt-out landing page of mail providers (e.g: mailchimp...)?

If you have any example of this page, can you send a link for me to learn?

Many thanks,

Tommy

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Customer Email List: How to create opt-out link for emails?

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi there,

It would not update your list in AdWords automatically, no. You need to update your list regularly in order to include new customers. But you should be updating the list in AdWords regularly so that when customers asked to be removed from your email list, you do remove them, and the list requires that you have a link to opt out as well.

Cassie

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Tommy L as far as I'm aware, this link would normally be to a specific page on your website that allows registered users (those from whom you have collected email addresses) the ability to remove their names from that list.

In most European countries and the US, providing the ability to opt-out from email subscriptions is a legal requirement, so if you've collected email addresses, to be within the law you will normally have been required to offer the ability to remove that address from the list as well.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry to butt in, I've been wondering that as well, but I'm confused. Would removing them from you e-mail list remove them from your advertising? If we're advertising from Adwords, opting them out of the e-mail list in Mailchimp wouldn't opt them out of the advertisements. What am I missing?

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi GoTours,

Jon and Tommy are talking specifically about the Customer Email List feature, which allows you to show ads to a users based on a list of emails you have collected: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6276125?hl=en

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie H, thanks for replying.

That e-mail list is uploaded to Adwords itself and hashed, so how does taking them off your e-mail list affect the ads being shown?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi there,

It would not update your list in AdWords automatically, no. You need to update your list regularly in order to include new customers. But you should be updating the list in AdWords regularly so that when customers asked to be removed from your email list, you do remove them, and the list requires that you have a link to opt out as well.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay, that makes sense. Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi CassieH
what you suggest we should create such type of pages in our site and give that link at Email opt-out link Control Text
http://www.nfpa.org/standard_items/privacy-policy
https://www.adwordsrobot.com/en/privacy/

it is Enough or we should do another things ??

P.S: i dont have any relation with above links .

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
Hi Kunal,

You need to follow all policies for the Customer Match feature in order to use it, including providing and Email opt-out link and disclosing that you share customer information with third parties in your Privacy Policy. But there are many other policies as well, so please read this entire page to ensure that you meet all of them: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6299717

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks CassieH

One more and last question about this topic is: We should only use gmail id or it will also work for yahoo or hotmail etc id. well as Adwords is Google Product so i think it will only work for Gmail Ids and Gmail Domain Specfic Business ID.

Please clear this point , Thank in Advance

Regards
Kunal