AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Custom affinity audience

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Where can I find examples for  creating new "Custom affinity audience” ?

Examples showing the list of "interests and websites with content your audience likes"

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Custom affinity audience

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
You can find some case studies here:
https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/products/custom-affiniity-audiences.html
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I understand the theory but I could not find any example showing list of "interests and websites with content your audience likes".

Assume that some of the item in the 'Interest and websites with content' list are about A and some other items are about B . what will be the outcome?

Audience who are interested in either A or B
or
Audience who are interested in both A and B

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This is a nice question;
In terms of "interests" the "OR" condition applies. The system would attempt to expand the list of users.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Is there a way to narrow the list of users.
I am looking to narrow my target based on multiple criteria:
For example: (CFO or Controller) of Manufacturing Companies

What will be the outcome if I include in the list Phrases and URL related to accounting and Phrases and URL related to Manufacturing?

I could not find any discussion about this topic in Google AdWords help, and Google AdWords support people are not familiar with this topic.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again

I am not a great fan of interests. I think that the system is "expanding" the user's interests beyond  the users's "real interests". (Visiting a financial sites  from time to time, does not necessarily mean that  I have an interest in "global financial markets".... Smiley Surprised  Check yourself the interests which you were assigned under "ad settings"

Having said that, I think (but not sure though, I need to verify) that if you combine interests and another targeting method (e.g. Keywords) then the AND condition would  apply.

Read my article on the subject:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Display-Network-How-many-Targeting-Methods-to-cho...

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Some of our experiments with ‘Custom affinity audience’ provide great results.

It is a great targeting tool, but I could not find any meaningful documentation.
I wish Google would provide more meaningful documentation with examples and more insight into how to use it properly.