AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Custom Remarketing List

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I want Custom Re marketing List  based upon keyword

Please Read situation First

"

I am advertising on exact keyword [Men Shoes]  and its landing page is www.xyzcompany.com/men-shoes.html

So instead of just creating audience based upon [www.xyzcompany.com/men-shoes.html] because this list may contain (organic / paid visitors) or any other users who first came to our website through different landing page to men-shoes.html e.g [www.xyzcompany.com/kids-shoes.html to www.xyzcompany.com/men-shoes.html]

"

I only want Ad word Paid visitors in my Re marketing list who actually search exact keyword [Men shoes] Just

how can i create this in adwords

thanks

Custom Remarketing List

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't this is possible by using Adwords only. But with the help of Google Analytics, there are few methods you can do this..

One thing is that you can create a separate audience list in Google Analytics with "traffic source - organic". Then exclude that list from your normal remarketing campaign..Through this method you can also consider starting a separate remarketing campaign for your organic visitors also..

Or else simply create the Google Analytics audience list with traffic source = "Your Search Campaign Name" and run the remarketing campaign targeting this audience only.

Make sure your Adwords and Analytics account are linked before doing these..

Custom Remarketing List

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Aamir K

As @Jithin C recommends, this may be possible by the use of GA if linked correctly.

If you use Adwords campaign name, you will also need to ensure that your KW are the ones you want targeting. You can ensure this by using the keyword matches / is function in the GA audience builder, or by ensuring your campaigns / ad groups are organised accordingly with that single KW. 

As an idea drawn from experience, I would also encourage you to consider building out additional lists however, perhaps with some slightly more specific definitions, perhaps as simple as [keyword] and session duration for example. Since [mens shoes] could generate a lot of traffic but intent may not be significantly high to purchase (of course this depends greatly on the economics of cpc, conv rate, sales price) we may consider if we learn enough from just one factor here [keyword], a slightly generic keyword. Perhaps a second condition, by means way of session duration (despite its well documented timestamp weaknesses) could be an interesting audience just as an example. I am aware this may not be the greatest example since session duration has a whole level of subjective thought attached to it also. But i want to also draw your attention to other definitions at your disposal. 

I have found taking time to plan / draw these out beforehand usually brings benefit when building audiences. I manage similar campaigns and you can build some really excellent audiences with different conditions. However, bear in mind the minimum list sizes needed for each which may be a small constraint in building this up. However, should the volume be there, you could really drive excellent ROI with such tactics and planning. 

Good luck and all the best

James