AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Custom Date Column

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have uploaded a .csv file and got the following error: 'Cannot set date to the past'

Is there a way to use an expression instead of using a specific date? I saw in your documentation something about today, but when I used it, I got the same error

Re: Custom Date Column

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shir,
Welcome to the AdWords Community!

Could you please elaborate a little bit more on what you're trying to do/what help documentation you're referencing.

Inside of Google AdWords you can upload Keywords and Ads (and Max CPC Bids, etc.).  The only time you have to upload a date is optional when you select to set a Campaign Start and End Date.  If you have selected to set a Campaign Start and/or End Date, make sure that date is in the future.

If you're using the AdWords User Interface, you can see Start and End Dates under Campaign Settings.

1.  Click on the Campaign you're working on

2.  Click on the Settings tab

3.  Scroll down to Advanced Settings

Here you'll be able to update the Start/End Dates.  Finally, I believe to update Start/End Dates you'll have to be opted into Campaigns with All Features turned on.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the answer Smiley Happy
I will elaborate a bit more:
I am trying to upload a csv file throughout the 'bulk upload' to create video Campaigns.
I get the file from a third party with a start date. I want to be able to upload the file not on the same date.
If I will give an future date, as far as I understood, the campaign will start the approvement process only from that date.
I found here (https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/57747?hl=en) that it's possible to set today as a date, but it doesn't work for me.
Is there a specific way to write 'today' or maybe it's not supported?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shir,
Thanks for the additional details. Double-check that you're using the correct format for date: YYYY-MM-DD.

If so, perhaps trying to upload without a date in that column. Start Date is optional so you don't need to have it in there. If you're not looking to launch your Campaign immediately, you can always upload it as Paused or Pause it as soon as you upload your document.