AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Custom Columns query

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have two common conversions - Job Registrations and Job Applications. Custom columns can show me the number of each, which is fine as far as it goes.

But I don't believe it can show me the Cost per Conversion Name, can it? Surely this must be one of the most important metrics to know. Could someone please verify if this can be done or not?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Custom Columns query

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Eamonn,

To see the stats for each conversion individually, choose Segment > Conversions > Conversion Name

Custom Columns query

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Rob, yes that's what I have been doing. But I thought one of the advantages of using custom columns was to avoid seeing lots of extra segmented rows.

Being able to customise a column to show conversion names metrics is great. But it doesn't quite accomplish what most people would want to also see - the Cost/Conversion Name.

So unfortunately, for me anyway, custom columns is not that useful.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bluelake
January 2017

Custom Columns query

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Eamonn,

When you make a custom column, you can make one for cost/conv. and then break that down by conversion name. Perhaps you were trying to do it the other way around...

Custom Columns query

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Rob,

So happy -thank you so much! Yes, I was trying to do "Cost divided by Conv. Name"

Thanks again, so easy when you know how Smiley Happy

Custom Columns query

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Rob,

Not sure if you're aware but there is a flaw in the custom column - Cost/Conversion Name. Although the figure is correct at campaign level, it does not give the correct figures when viewing "All Campaigns". I spoke with Adwords Support and they said they knew about this glitch.