AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Custom Affinity Audiences

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Most of the time Custom Affinity Audiences is working very well with outstanding results.
Sometime (for example the past ~3 days) it is not working at all.
(with the same Placement and Interest targeting we are flooded with low quality views and clicks.)

What are the available tools to diagnose Custom Affinity Audiences?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Due to privacy, Google does not provide tools that might reveal users. I, personally, don't use this targeting method because of the  (potential) scale of users. I would attribute the decline in performance to seasonality.... . Though a deeper investigation into the targeting methods is desired to establish  a root cause.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I do not care to see information that reveal users. 

Typically Custom Affinity Audiences is working very good for us and we are getting many visits from new visitors who are in our target market.

Past few days we have been folded with even more visitors to our website from the same campaign, but most of those visitors are not in the target market as defined by the Custom Affinity Audiences.

We did not change anything that will trigger the change, and the placement ("Where ads sere shown") is the same (for example CNN.COM)

Custom Affinity Audiences is the best targeting methods I am aware of, but i do not know what to do when something goes wrong.