AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Custom Affinity Audience with specific URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am about to launch custom affinity audience campaign. In order to build the audience, I need to give the specific URL of a website i.e. www.xyz.com/abc. I don't want adwords to consider the overall theme of www.xyz.com but the specific theme of www.xyz.com/abc. Is it possible in custom affinity audience?

Thanks!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Custom affinity audiences

With custom affinity audiences, advertisers can create audiences that are more tailored to their brands, compared to our broad, TV-like affinity audiences. For example, rather than reaching Sports Fans, a running shoe company may want to reach Avid Marathon Runners instead. With custom affinity audiences, the shoe company can define this audience by:

• using free form interests entered as keywords
  • and/or using URLs as a proxy for interest bundles.

Entering URLs establishes a theme that embodies the ideal customer. For example, we could determine that marathonrookie.com is about marathon running, training schedules, marathon nutrition, and other marathon topics, and therefore, reach people who tend to browse content about those themes whether or not they visit the specific marathonrookie.com site.

Read more on: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497941?hl=en

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Aslam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the response Aslam!

I have gone through these materials. 

According to the below statement;

For example, we could determine that marathonrookie.com is about marathon running, training schedules, marathon nutrition, and other marathon topics,

Adwords picks up the theme based on marathonrookie.com. What if the URL is marathonrookie.com/abc, will the specific theme of this URL will be considered or the broad theme of the domain will be considered?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is a great question.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have this very same question, because sometime it doesn't make any sense for targeting abc.com where abc.com/xyz is very relevant but abc.com is not that relevant.

Please keep us posted about this. 

Re: Custom Affinity Audience with specific URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Aslam S,

I also have this question! I am wondering if I can target users who visit specific groups on Facebook? Obviously I don't want to target all facebook.com users but I do want to target visitors of facebook.com/insert-relevant-page-here

Thanks so much :-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

This is a good question. I'd like to know the answer if you find out more
before me.

--
Kenneth W. Chapman
*Digital Marketing Manager*
Kenneth.Chapman@fsastore.com mobile: 646-373-6708
office: 646-795-6910 fax: 212.658.9844
[image: FSA Store - The Flexible Spending Account Site]
[image: HSA Store - The Health Savings AccountSite]

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@Sowmya N

Google consider the landing page URL which you are targeting.

Thanks,

Aslam

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@Sarina O

I think you have the option to target people who like your Page, people who like your Page and their friends, or people you choose through targeting. 

Waiting for your views.

Thanks,

Aslam