AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Creating ads for other countries using native characters.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to create a japanese ad using japanese keywords. The ad will link to our website's Japan landing page. However Google doesn't recognize the characters and has not approved my ad. How can I fix this? Language settings deosn't seem to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Creating ads for other countries using native characters.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sonia,

Thanks for replying back. In your case, I think there is some problem in UniCode. I would suggest you to call Google AdWords support here

For additional contact methods for Google AdWords, click here.

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Sonia,

I would suggest reading this article:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722078?hl=en

This will tell you all you need to know regarding targeting different languages.

Some things to keep in mind:
Set up different campaigns for different languages in order to track result better.
Ensure that the campaign type is not set to standard but rather all features so that some of the advanced setting you will need are enabled.

Let me know if you don't come right!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Sonia,

In order to know the exact reason of why ad has not been approved, visit the following link. Since you are using Japanese, I feel like the reason for disapproval may be due to "Character Limit". 

Since Japanese comes under double-width languages, Character limits differs like Headline (12), Description Line 1(17), Description Line 2(17), Display URL(17). To know more about the Character Limit policy, click here.

Before submitting the ads for second review, it is always better to have a look on Policy details column, which pinpoints what is the exact reason for disapproval.

Good luck on your campaigns Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I read the article and followed your considerations. No luck. I chose Japan as my country to target, selected all features, chose Japanese as my language setting, created the ad in Japanese. Only when I listed the japanese keyword (using japanese characters) - I get an error message -

These entries could not be added due to the following reasons:
Keywords cannot contain non-standard characters like: ! @ % , *
製パン機械、製パン業界機械
製パン充填機、製パン加工品充填機

Am I missing something?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shafi,

Thanks. Its not the ad I'm having problems with - its the keywords. When I enter the Japanese character keywords - I get an error message:

These entries could not be added due to the following reasons:
Keywords cannot contain non-standard characters like: ! @ % , *
製パン機械、製パン業界機械
製パン充填機、製パン加工品充填機

Appreciate any help you could offer.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sonia,

Thanks for replying back. In your case, I think there is some problem in UniCode. I would suggest you to call Google AdWords support here

For additional contact methods for Google AdWords, click here.

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed