AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Creating a customer email list for remarketing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

Can I add mail address of user in 'email list' who-

1. Requested for a Quote

2. Filled a form on my website - Contact Form/FAQ form or any other form

3. Requested for a demo of free version

4. Provided her mail address on 'Live Chat Support' or 'Call Enquiry' (including marketing call from company).

Thanks,

Udit

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Udit S
January 2016

Re: Creating a customer email list for remarketing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Udit S,

Google says -

When using Customer Match, you may only upload customer information that you collected in the first-party context—i.e., information you collected from your websites, apps, physical stores, or other situations where customers shared their information directly with you.

In simple terms, you can use the email addresses which your customers have given you. The process of getting such email IDs from customers can be one or any of what you suggested.

There's an important thing to understand - your customer must have given you consent to use their emails. May be you asked them to accept certain terms or conditions which clearly says you could use their addresses. Or your privacy policy on the website/application where you collected those IDs makes it clear that you could use their information. If so, there's no problem using those addresses. 

Most importantly, Google does not take the onus of privacy policy violations between you and your customers. As an advertiser, you're always responsible for ensuring that you comply with all applicable laws and regulations, in addition to Google's advertising policies, for all of the locations where your ads are showing.

References -

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6299717

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6023676

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay, So there is nothing wrong if I use their mail addresses for remarketing. But if someone wants to remove himself from the list using 'email opt out link ', where the link of my page(opt out link) will be shown to the user in both targeting, search and display network?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Udit S,

A link to your opt-out page can be shown to users who click education within ads links, such as - 'why this ad', 'control ads like this', 'ads by Google' etc. The aim, obviously, is to ensure that users' privacy is on top priority. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Smiley Happy