AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Creating a Remarketing list of users visited before more than 30 Days

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Here is my scenario. I am running Adwords ads for this client for 2 Months.. But the account was active for almost an year and i inherited it from the client. They had the same Adwords, Analytics tags from the very beginning.

Is there a way i can set up a remarketing list now and  include people from the day this account was created?

In Adwords there is only option to include last 30 days visitors, Can it be done with Analytics?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Creating a Remarketing list of users visited before more than 30 Days

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jithin C unfortunately, no, remarketing lists only begin to build from the moment they're created.

What you might be able to do is create a Customer Match list if your client has a database of customer emails.  Since this list is based on an upload, you can use data from any time...

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6379332?hl=en-GB

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Jon do not undertstand this.If your analytics and adwords account is linked up,so from analytics audience section we cannot built audience who previously visited our website?Analytics keeping track of all visitors to all pages.So why cannot we do that?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Jithin,

When was the analytics account linked with adwords? If they were not linked previously, the automated audiences will not populate into adwords. They will begin to populate after linking the accounts. This is also true if new audience lists for remarketing are created: these lists will only populate AFTER creating them and will not add users who fit the criteria that did so BEFORE the audience was created.

However, you can extend an audience list beyond 30 days to a maximum of 540 days. We typically set audience lists for our clients from 30-90 days for large accounts, and 180 days for mid-sized and sometimes use 540 days for very tiny clients that wouldn't surpass the minimum threshold of 1,000 users in an audience without such a long held audience list.

Let me know if this helps.

Best,

Nick

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Nick,Jon for your insights it will help us to learn more

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Nick,

Adwords and Analytics were linked from the very beginning itself. (August 2015) But they didn't created the Remarketing list at that time. But there is an automatically created list. Users stay in the automatically created lists for 30 days only by default as you know. Now what i need is a list of people who visited the website from August 2015 till date..

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Jithin,

Unfortunately advertisers are unable to retrieve cookies that are not collected from before an audience list is set up or a list duration is in place. This means you will only have the last 30 days until you increase that duration, but that longer duration will only collect going forward. Google does not have the cookies elsewhere.

Let me know if that helps!

Best,

Nick