AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Creating Campaign placement exclusion list

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I used to exclude placements from Placement tab in my campaign but i want to create a master list of excluded sites i can use with all campaigns.

I copied the list from my campaign and then tried to create a list. It seems to be working for the URLs but for apps i get the following

These entries could not be added due to the following reasons:
  • Placement URLs cannot contain multiple comma-separated URLs.
    • Mobile App: HIIT interval training timer (Google Play), by Giorgio Regni

I can remove the comma but Help file says

Examples:

• Mobile app: mobileapp::1-476954712
  • Mobile app category:mobileappcategory::60006

How do i get mobile app # for the placements i already have on exclusion list OR how do i add by app name?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
May

Re: Creating Campaign placement exclusion list

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Eric, how are things?

This indeed can be a little trick.

You should be able to find the exactly URL by going into your Placements reports and hitting on the button "See Details" and then "All". This will open the list of the exact placement address , including mobile.

From there, you should be able to find something like this "Mobile App: Talking Ginger for iPad (iTunes App Store), by Outfit7 Limited". You can check this line of address and hit the button "Manage placement and bid" and set the bid to -100. In the past, you could even find this address inside Google Adwords Editor to get the app ID, but I don't know if that's the case anymore. Worth the test.

Hope this helps.
_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Leandro,

I am excluding mobile apps one by one on campaign level. But what i want to do is add certain apps to my exclusion list that can be shared by several campaigns. Is this possible to do?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Eric

I just had the same issue. Here's how I currently solve it: 

Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-04 um 16.59.38.png

Let me know, if you find a faster solutionSmiley Wink

Best, 

David

Creating Campaign placement exclusion list

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

You have posted in someone's help thread that is from way back in the past.

This thread is now closed to new replies.

If you need assistance please make a new thread with relevant information about your specific needs with AdWords. Making your old thread is fast, easy and allows more specific help directly to you (and not all of the other members in the old thread).

Thank you for your understanding.