AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Created Dynamic Search Ads via Interface, Desktop Editor says Ad Group Has No Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created Dynamic Search Ads (DSA) via the online Application Interface (AI). I downloaded recent changes to the Adwords Desktop Editor (ADE). The new campaigns and ad groups I created online specifically for the DSAs show in the ADE, but ADE also shows an error saying the ad groups have no active ads.

The AI shows impressions and clicks for the ads so I know they are running. 

I created a test ad via the ADE and uploaded it. It shows in the AI, albeit, with slightly different attributes, namely, only the headline is dynamic as per the ADE, whereas the headline and display URL are dynamic as per the AI.

Is it just that the ADE is not supporting what is set up in the AI?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bill J
July

Created Dynamic Search Ads via Interface, Desktop Editor says Ad Group Has No Ads

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Editor doesn't yet support new expanded DSA at this time - the kind that only have one Description line and nothing else. They are coming soon.

For now, Editor only supports so-called "standard" DSA, those with two description lines and display URL. In the "old experience" Ad Words UI, you can create one by choosing +AD > Dynamic search ad, and then clicking "Switch back to standard dynamic search ads" link. In the "new experience", it looks like only expanded DSA can be created.