AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Coupon is in "Suspended" status

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google suspended my coupon and did not give a specific reason, only that I read the policies to stay within them. I have gone over the policies and cannot figure out why my coupon has been suspended. Can someone suggest something that may help? Do I have to create a new coupon?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Coupon is in "Suspended" status

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

Although I don't deny the fact that folks here may be able to help you, this is an Adwords Community.

You may do better posting this question on this Google Places/Business forum:

http://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/forum/#!forum/business

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Socalsaint,

By suspended are you referring to your account is suspended?  I'm unfamiliar with coupon suspensions.  Did you perhaps mean campaign is suspended?  Did you have problems with entering a promo code?

If your account is suspended, there are numerous reasons why it could have happened and we cannot access account information here.  Sometimes the best route to take is to contact Adwords Support (button top right of screen) to get a definitive answer. 

Once you have one, please come back and let us know, generally there will be someone here who may be able to help your sort things out.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I meant to say that it was an offer, not a coupon. Sorry for the confusion.

This is what the email said...

Thank you for creating an offer for your Google Places page. We've found that one or more of your offers does not meet our guidelines. These offers have been suspended and are listed below. Your Google Places listing is not otherwise changed and remains active.

Offer with summary: 10% off your purchase!*, created: May 18, 2011.
Reasons for suspension:
Offer does not abide by our product policy. See our Google Offers product policies here.

Offers that violate policy will be suspended. Please ensure that your new offer follows the offers policies listed in the Help Center. You cannot edit an offer once it has been suspended.

First of all, I created the offer this month, not May of last year.

Second, their explanation is too ambiguous.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

Although I don't deny the fact that folks here may be able to help you, this is an Adwords Community.

You may do better posting this question on this Google Places/Business forum:

http://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/forum/#!forum/business

Good Luck!

-Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi,

No problem at all...the folks over there have most likely dealt with the exact situation you have found yourself in.

When you decide to start advertising (if you haven't already), come on back and learn all about the potential and possibilities of Adwords here!

-Tom