AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

County key words not showing

AD
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
AD
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I was wondering why do any of my keywords containing counties like Buckinghamshire, Bucks, Berkshire, Berks act like negative keywords and stop my ad from showing? All the Yell.com managed campaigns show for these keywords but not mine.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: County key words not showing

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning - 

It could be a matter of different match types, different ad text, or different campaign settings. It would be a difference in the way people search for your product/service on Google and the way they search in a directory.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Re: County key words not showing

AD
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
AD
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I check an ad preview with "buckinghamshire" for example in the keywords it shows but when I check for real it acts as a negative keyword and only Yell.com managed ads appear. I have checked and any county inclusive keywords act in a negative way. It is as though they are all off limits unless you have a Yell.com campaign.

I have asked the question to google but not had a reply.