AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Country targeting - what google website will it show up on

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I advertise on Adwords in Australia and want to start a campaign that only shows up in various countries.  My question is this ...

If I select the UK (for example) as my Target Country, will the Ad ONLY appear on google.co.uk? (and NOT google.com or google.com.au, for example).

Similarly, if Ireland is my Country selection, will it ONLY show on google.ie?

And, if the US is the location, will it ONLY show on google.com?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
December 2015

Re: Country targeting - what google website will it show up on

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Generally, if you target UK, your ads will appear in UK only, but it typically depends on your advance settings.

Location options let you include or exclude people based on where they're likely to be physically located, or the places that they're interested in.

Once you've defined your location targeting and location exclusion settings, you may want to refine your traffic even more.

Advanced location targeting options allow you to reach:
- People in, searching for, or who show an interest in your targeted location (recommended)
- People in your targeted location
- People searching for, or who show an interest in your targeted location

“People in your targeted location” allows you to show your ads only to those who are considered to be physically located within the area that you've targeted.

Advanced location exclusion options allow you to exclude:
- People in, searching for, or who show an interest in your excluded location (default)
- People in your excluded location

And if you specifically want to show your ads on Google.co.uk, then uncheck the " Google Search Network
Include search partners optoin (in settings), just select Google only

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Keith,

Yes you ads will appear on the Google domain of that particular country which you select.

Example:
Selecting UK will show ads on google.co.uk

For your reference:

Location and language targeting: Choose the language and geographic locations -- such as a country, region or city -- where your customers are located. After you set these targeting options, AdWords determines who to show your ads to based on several factors: the Google domain people use (like www.google.de or www.google.co.uk), their search term, their computer's IP address (which can estimate its geographical location), their language preference set for Google, and the languages of sites they visited in the past.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
December 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Generally, if you target UK, your ads will appear in UK only, but it typically depends on your advance settings.

Location options let you include or exclude people based on where they're likely to be physically located, or the places that they're interested in.

Once you've defined your location targeting and location exclusion settings, you may want to refine your traffic even more.

Advanced location targeting options allow you to reach:
- People in, searching for, or who show an interest in your targeted location (recommended)
- People in your targeted location
- People searching for, or who show an interest in your targeted location

“People in your targeted location” allows you to show your ads only to those who are considered to be physically located within the area that you've targeted.

Advanced location exclusion options allow you to exclude:
- People in, searching for, or who show an interest in your excluded location (default)
- People in your excluded location

And if you specifically want to show your ads on Google.co.uk, then uncheck the " Google Search Network
Include search partners optoin (in settings), just select Google only