AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Could elaborate customer match targeting ?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

How would be adwords system targeting user while they are using google search apart from different login than Gmail ?  I want to understand customer match targeting.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
October 2015

Re: Could elaborate customer match targeting ?

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi Clal,

As onbeta said, Customer Match can target non-Gmail addresses if they are associated with the user's Google account, i.e. some users use Google search or YouTube while logged into accounts attached to other email addresses.

For the Gmail ads portion of Customer Match, the email address must end in @gmail.com

Hope this helps!
Cassie

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Clal,

Just to make sure I understand your question: are you asking how Customer Match is able to target non-Gmail email addresses?

Thanks!
Cassie

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Clal,
For Customer Match to work, the customer must be logged in with their Google account, which includes email addresses other than those ending in @gmail.com.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

Yes, you are exactly right what i want to know, how Customer Match is able to target non-Gmail email addresses?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
October 2015

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi Clal,

As onbeta said, Customer Match can target non-Gmail addresses if they are associated with the user's Google account, i.e. some users use Google search or YouTube while logged into accounts attached to other email addresses.

For the Gmail ads portion of Customer Match, the email address must end in @gmail.com

Hope this helps!
Cassie

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Is the Customer Match feature only applicable to Google Search?
I´d guess not, because you can use it for Gmail ads, but the help file actually gives that impression.
How is matching done when users browse the display network?

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager

@David_Precisera, if you take a look at the top of the Help Center guide on Custom Email Lists, you'll see that you can target on Google search network, Gmail, or YouTube.

Hope this helps!
Cassie