AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Cost WAY exceeded budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I setup an ad yesterday and set the daily budget to $5.  Today I looked and it says the "cost" is $1234!!!  What?!?  Why did it spend that amount?  I'd be ok with the 20% over and under, but $1234!!!  Is it a mistake?  Sorry, I'm freaking out at the moment!

Thank you,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Cost WAY exceeded budget

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Roberto C

what kind of ad campaign is this?  Video? 

You shouldn't worry. You will not be responsible for more than $6/day. This will most likely correct itself in the next few days. I'd just keep an eye on it.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March

Cost WAY exceeded budget

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Roberto,

You'll still only be charged for the 20% over your daily budget. The remaining amount will be returned to you as an over delivery credit.

From the help center article

"Note that sometimes your daily costs might exceed the 120% cap. However, you'll still only be charged for the 20% over your daily budget. For example, if your daily budget is US$10, and you've accumulated US$15 in costs on a given day, you'll only be charged US$12 per day. The remaining $3 is returned to you as an overdelivery credit, which you can see in your transaction history."

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375423?hl=en

Deepak

Cost WAY exceeded budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same thing just happened to me except mine was 0.75 cent and i went all the way up to 550 dollars let me know what happen because i am freaking out now too