AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Correct Setup For Dynamic Remarketing For Retail?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone!

I have a retail client and we've attempted to setup dynamic remarketing. I had our developer add javascript to all of our product pages and shopping cart page. The javascript populates a data layer variable for the following variables:

Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 12.40.23 PM.png

Using google tag manager we have the dynamic remarketing tag setup. I've enabled the custom parameters section so that we can pass the data layer variables through the dynamic remarketing tag. It's setup to pass along whatever value the google tag manager macros pass along. They are set to pass along the data layer variable value our developers javascript is set to retrieve on certain pages.

Screen Shot 2015-01-13 at 12.43.50 PM.png

However, in AdWords, our audience for shopping cart abandoners is the same size as all visitors. So something is not setup correctly.

The website is ***removed due to privacy concerns***

Is anyone able to help? It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Correct Setup For Dynamic Remarketing For Retail?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, from what i can see in the Google Tag Assistant, i can be sure that Dynamic Remarketing has not been implemented properly on your website.

I can see that you are using woocommerce. If you are not urged to use Google Tag Manager for implementing dynamic remaketing i would advise you to install the dynamic remaketing plugin for woocommerce.

Siva.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Siva,

Which plugin do you recommend? Would we need to undo the manual javascript we have added some pages to generate data layer variables?

Let me know! Thanks.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robert O
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
You don't need to necessarily remove the data layer variables if that is tiresome. Just removing the remarketing tag will do.

Here is the link. https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-google-dynamic-retargeting-tag/

Here my article regarding dynamic remaketing questions. You may refer to it if any question arises. http://ecommppc.com/2014/08/31/dynamic-remarketing/

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I think it worked & this really saved me a lot of time and effort! Very much appreciated Siva. I'll add you on LinkedIn!

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
You are welcome! Accepted your invitation!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am also looking for exactly same solution for Easy Digital Downloads powered website. Can you recommend any plugin for this setup too?

Thanks in advance.

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This early 2015 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.