AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Copy removed ads into new adgroup?

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hi,

In a display adgroup, I edited the ads and tried to save - but unfortunately, it saves over the old one. Basically, all those ads created via the display ad builder can only have one copy. If you attempt to "edit", change ad copy, and save under a new name - it will "Remove" the old ads and create the new ones.

I did this QUITE a few times before realizing what I had done, lol

Now, I'm looking to see if I can just copy these "Removed" ads into their own adgroups. But on Adwords, it allows me to copy the ad, but when I try to paste it it asks me to copy something first. On Editor, it doesn't show the ads to begin with. Yes, all the options are selected as instructed.

Any suggestions?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Kim_Clink (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Copy removed ads into new adgroup?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mark, almost all the elements of AdWords are never actually edited, what actually happens is that the old item is removed and a new one created.

Unfortunately, removed Ads cannot be re-enabled, which is probably why you're unable to copy them.

If you wish to edit Ads to create new ones, leaving the originals in place, you'll need to copy them first then edit the copy.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Kim_Clink (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mark, almost all the elements of AdWords are never actually edited, what actually happens is that the old item is removed and a new one created.

Unfortunately, removed Ads cannot be re-enabled, which is probably why you're unable to copy them.

If you wish to edit Ads to create new ones, leaving the originals in place, you'll need to copy them first then edit the copy.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Thanks Cobnut!!