AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Copy/Duplicate Existing Adwords Campaign/AdGroup?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to copy/duplicate an existing Adwords campaign/ad group into a new campaign?

I can't seem to find where I can do this under my account.

Thank you,

olimits7

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author olimits7
September 2015

Re: Copy/Duplicate Existing Adwords Campaign/AdGroup?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Olimits7,

It really is a great tool for Adwords account management. 

Yes, there are many statistical tabs and features available in the Adwords UI that need to be 'activated' in order to see them.

This video by Kim (Top Contributor) shows exactly how to customize the columns available in the Adwords UI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPoG7WqSY0U&feature=relmfu

Thanks!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi olimits7,

This can be done quite easily inside of the offline Adwords Editor platform.

Details of how to do this can be found here.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Ok, thank you for the links...

So this can only be done with Adwords Editor?  It can't be done via my browser after logging into my Adwords account?

Thank you,

olimits7

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi olimits7,

Correct.  But, it's a really friendly program.  Once you have it installed, you download your account, copy your campaigns, make the changes you need to make and then upload/sync your offline work with your online account.

The AE has lots of functionality that is useful.

-Tom

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Ok, great...thanks!  Yes, surprisingly I never heard of Adwords Editor.  I've downloaded it and playing around with it now, and it seems pretty straight forward.

I see that I can download statistics too, but would it be better just to use Adwords online to view different statistics?  Also, is there "dimensions" in the Adwords Editor just like my online account has?

Thank you, again!

olimits7

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author olimits7
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Olimits7,

It really is a great tool for Adwords account management. 

Yes, there are many statistical tabs and features available in the Adwords UI that need to be 'activated' in order to see them.

This video by Kim (Top Contributor) shows exactly how to customize the columns available in the Adwords UI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPoG7WqSY0U&feature=relmfu

Thanks!

-Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You can also copy and paste the ads into another ad group, not the entire campaign. This is without the adwords editor and may speed things up for you. Select the ads you want to copy, click edit and then copy them. Go to the other ad group and paste the ads there.

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This three year old thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question or comment.

This will help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thanks!