AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Conversions Appearing In AdWords Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have noticed a problem within my adwords account.

I have 6 campaigns in my account. In one of the adgroups it is registering conversions that don't exist.

I have double checked the conversion tracking code on each one of my sites and they are correct.

I have double checked the website in question to see if there were any orders but there definitley wasn't.

The conversions show in one adgroup but dont seem to correspond to any keywords within the campaign they just kind of appear in my account.

Does anyone know the likely cause of this problem?

Cheers

Tim

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Conversions Appearing In AdWords Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your suggestions.

I contacted support as suggested and after speaking to two seperate agents we finally found the issue.

I had multiple campaigns for different sites all using the same Merchant Centre feed. So basically the conversions were all over the place. I simply removed the product extension from all the campaigns except one and now everything works fine.

If anyone else is having the problem check the feeds first.

Thanks again!

Tim

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Tim,

I've never had more conversions in AW than in "reality" - in some cases I see less conversion in AW  because some people don't accept JS etc.

Maybe you (or someone else) had set "conversions" through analytics - without a using the conversion code.

Check the goal settings in Analytics - and make sure everything is set as its supposed to be.

Cheers,

Asaf

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Tim,

I have expereinced that before. Call AW and have them investigate it further.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tim

Even i have experienced the same but it was happening due to setting a goal in Google analytic and it was enable in conversion tab.

Thanks,

Victor

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Are you using display network for the campaign? You might be generating conversions from display network.

Thanks,

Nimesh.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your suggestions.

I contacted support as suggested and after speaking to two seperate agents we finally found the issue.

I had multiple campaigns for different sites all using the same Merchant Centre feed. So basically the conversions were all over the place. I simply removed the product extension from all the campaigns except one and now everything works fine.

If anyone else is having the problem check the feeds first.

Thanks again!

Tim