AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tracking in adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have just set up conversion tracking on our thank you for paying page. And I am now getting some data in.  Which is great.

But  want to be able to view 'Conversions/Keywords' as when I look and drill down through Campaigns/AdGroups to keywords all I can see is

Last Clicks

Assit Clicks

Assist Clicks/Last Clicks

Assist Impressions

Assist Impr/Last Clicks

But what about

Keyword1 in AdgroupA convertered 1

Or

Keyword2 in AdgrupB converted 3

Where can I find this data? As I am not interested in paths, last clicks, time lag!

We sell a simple product, the site is only about 3 pages in size so there is little pathway for customers! Smiley Happy

And obviously my incnorance of Assists etc, is holding me back a little, but I just want to see if I can figure out which keywords produce the best actual sales.

many thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author fredtumble
September 2015

Re: Conversion tracking in adwords

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, I think I might be able to help.

@Tom, these are the search funnel stats which is on the conversion page under tools & analysis.

From what you have said I think you just want to be looking at the conversion column on the keywords tab. If you export a report from this tab you'll be able to get keyword, adgroup and campaign columns in the report.

When you create your 1st conversion code the columns should be added automatically but if they aren't there you can add them in by clicking columns>customise and adding it in. You would probably want conv. (1-per-click).

Let me know if this helps you out.

View solution in original post

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hmm.... I'm not familiar with those stats for adwords keywords, within the adwords UI. Are you talking about the data in the adwords interface, or in analytics? If analytics, is it google analytics, or some third party analytics interface?

What kind of conversion tracking are you using, is adwords conversion code, or conversion tracking through an analytics program?

Tom

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author fredtumble
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, I think I might be able to help.

@Tom, these are the search funnel stats which is on the conversion page under tools & analysis.

From what you have said I think you just want to be looking at the conversion column on the keywords tab. If you export a report from this tab you'll be able to get keyword, adgroup and campaign columns in the report.

When you create your 1st conversion code the columns should be added automatically but if they aren't there you can add them in by clicking columns>customise and adding it in. You would probably want conv. (1-per-click).

Let me know if this helps you out.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi

I am vignesh from india. i would like to share my experience with you. 

You have a website for your clothing store, and when customers submit their orders online, they see a "Thank you for your purchase!" page.

You want to see which of your keywords -- "blue jeans" or "buy designer jeans" -- leads to more purchases, so you set up Conversion Tracking.First, you get a little snippet of code from AdWords. Then, you paste that code snippet in the HTML for the "Thank you for your purchase!" page.

Soon, you start to see that customers who click on "buy designer jeans"buy a lot of jeans. Meanwhile, you see that a few people click on "blue jeans," but none of them make a purchase. So, you decide to stop investing in "blue jeans" and put more money toward "buy designer jeans,"resulting in more purchases and a better return on your investment.

know more about : 

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722022?hl=en&

http://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2011/04/04/reporting-on-multiple-conversion-types

http://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2010/12/06/google-analytics-custom-reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@purefuzz

Many thanks for that I will look into it.

Seems daft to me that that is not the first or second 'funnel' offered.  I mean knowing last assit or the path is all well and good but if you can't easily see what actual keyword trickered an 'ad' that lead to a completed purchase...well the rest is just fuff! Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Actually I have just re-read what you have said. And within the Campaigns themselves I can add these columns?

Then I can see the number of conversions each keyword has generated Smiley Happy many thanks

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

Oh I see.... I never even paid attention to that because I use GA. Having it all in the UI, without having to select the source/medium is much easier to view the adwords data... Cool!

Tom