AdWords
882 members online now
882 members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion tag not active on ticketing website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I am wanting to add a conversion pixel and label to a confirmation page of Eventbrite.com, where we're selling tickets for events. Eventbrite has their own integration where you can submit the conversion ID and label in the backend (see first attached photo). I've done that and followed instructions laid out here: https://www.eventbrite.com/support/articles/en_US/Multi_Group_How_To/how-to-create-a-tracking-pixel-...

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 4.42.35 PM.png

In viewing the page source, you can see that the ID and label get added with the rest of the social media tracking/retargeting pixels (see second photo; red = my pixel info), however when using the Tag Assistant, it says that the label is not present for conversion tracking but IS present for remarketing (see 3rd and 4th photos). The backend of Adwords is also saying that the tag isn't active.

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 4.45.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-02-15 at 4.48.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-02-15 at 4.48.32 PM.png

I've reached out to Eventbrite support thinking that it's an integration issue however they're confident that it's an error on Adwords' side. Their response to all of this was: "The conversion label is set on Google, so you'll need to double check the settings there. From Eventbrite's end and the way we've set up our system, the only thing that Eventbrite can control is making sure the information is entered, and that the pixel is firing. Everything else is on the other pixel creation site, (Facebook, Google, Twitter) which we can only speculate on due to not being able to access your settings!" Eventbrite also adds their own conversion pixels for their own marketing purposes however that displays in the page source code in the same form it's delivered in the back end of Eventbrite (not thru the format in the 2nd picture)

Would anyone have any insight as to why my conversion label isn't being picked up?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jordan C,

It's very difficult to say from looking at the block of code. Something happens in the grylls function to create the code for the conversion pixel. I'd need to see the rendered page, after all the code on the page has been executed to see what's going on.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can send over the URL of the page in which you can view the page source, what's the best way to send that over securely?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Jordan C,

You can send it to me by email though my profile. I'll take a look when I get a chance.

Pete

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

im having the exact same issue. Did you manage to resolve this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Pete did you manage to resolve this? I am having the same issue on my site:

https://www.aetherius.org/locations/london/london-programme/karma/

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi All,

It's all in the implementation by the third party, Eventbrite. Of course, Eventbrite says it's a Google error, not their own.

Again, I'd have to see the rendered code on the confirmation page to be of any help, and the only way I can get there is to place an order after clicking on one of your ads.

The way it looks, is Eventbrite has a function on the confirmation page that creates the code for multiple conversion tracking options. From what I've seen so far, it looks like they may be setting a remarketing only cookie.

Pete