AdWords
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion pixel not matching my admins

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having a problem with my conversion pixel not matching up. I run a 'earn money' where we need to track how many sign ups I bring in from Google. I have Googles script placed on the offers page (the page a user gets to after signing up/logging on). Every day my conversions in google are a good 15% - 20% over the top of what my sign ups are reported in admin.

This is mainly a problem as I have smart display and CPA targeting set up on my ad, therefore google isn't properly advertising as it's based off different numbers. My sign ups in my admins are simply based off a sign up, nothing de-dupes or strange happens.

Does anyone know what my problem might be?

Thanks,
Craig

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion pixel not matching my admins

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Craig E,

First, conversions in Adwords are not reported in real time. Which means your data won't always reflect the exact number of conversions that you have actually received at any given time. For example, if you received 20 conversions in Adwords on Sunday and you are checking your actual signups on Monday (which could have been lower or equal to 20) then you could be reviewing data that was actually last reported 12-24 hours ago or data that hasn't even presently registered. 15%-20% skewed data could be a reasonable explanation caused by this latency.

However, if that 15%-20% difference is extremely high (based off the size of the campaign) then this could also be an error where your script is firing twice. I would check the implementation of the tags and confirm that there aren't duplicates.

How have you setup your tags? Also, include your conversion destination URL so the experts in this forum can review your setup!

Thanks

Conversion pixel not matching my admins

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

In the conversions section of AdWords, is the conversion set to "one" or "many". If it is many (the default), change it to one.