AdWords
6.9K members online now
6.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking & Conversion Window

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Why are conversions limited to a time period (conversion window) ?

I mean, I use conversions just to know what keywords are working properly etc. (what is giving us most leads).

I see that after the maximum period of 90 day the conversion stops working and I need to :

1. create a new conversion

2. paste new code in site

Isn't there a way to have conversions be counted with no experation period?

Am I using this feature properly?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion Tracking & Conversion Window

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Unfortunately the answer is no as far as my understanding goes.

This flexibility of choosing a conversion window is not pretty old where the advertisers can choose something between a week and max. 90 days window for a conversion to record (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722023?ctx=tltp ). Earlier, it used to be a default of 30 days only within which a conversion used to be recorded.

So at least we should be happy that there is a greater flexibility compared to the past Smiley Happy

But yes if you have installed Google Analytics also to keep track of your sales/leads, then you can definitely record some older conversions because cookie expiration time of analytics varies between 6 months upto 2 years if I am not wrong. More details available here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/cookie-usage

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Easy

Are you generating a new conversion code after every 90 days and paste the new one by replacing the old one? Is this what you are doing?
Please correct me if I misunderstood you.

Abhishek

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I mean -
I don't want to define a new conversion every 90 days - the 90 days is the amount of days that google will monitor a single click for a corresponding conversion .

Is it also the actual lifetime of the entire conversion entiry I created (and got the script I planted in my site) - or this will continue collecting conversions for ever (as long as my script exists in the site) ?