AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking Across Main Domain & Sub Domain

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

Based on my understanding of conversion tracking. Once a user clicks an ad they get tagged with a cookie. You set the conversion window length (time the cookie triggers conversions for).

So then!

If they go on www.example.com or go.example.com and trigger the same conversion code on either domain, the conversion will successfully tracked in AdWords? Is this correct?

Feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Conversion Tracking Across Main Domain & Sub Domain

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
yes.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Robert O,

To expand on StructuredPPC's great answer, this is true of the AdWords conversion code. It doesn't matter what domain the code is on, the conversion will be recorded.

If you are importing conversions from Analytics, it doesn't work the same way. You'll need to employ cross-domain tracking methods to do that.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey petebardo,

Are you saying that if I have two GA analytics view synced with an AdWords account with imported goals from two properties that I won't be able to count conversions from one of the views?