AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Optimizer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Debating whether to try out the conversion optimizer on one of my campaigns. Any chance that it will help lower my CPC? What are the pros and cons of using it?

Thanks for any advice!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Conversion Optimizer

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi JaqWhite,

Conversion optimizer can certainly be tried and tested to bring in more conversions for your campaign.

Best part is that you can set the CPA bid and based on that, this feature will automatically adjust your bidding and try to show your ad on most of the converting position so that you achieve higher ROI.

You might witness some fluctuations in terms of your traffic behaviour initially when you implement it, but later it might change.

I would encourage you to read this article to see how conversion optimizer works and how you can use it most effectively.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi JaqWhite,

Conversion optimizer can certainly be tried and tested to bring in more conversions for your campaign.

Best part is that you can set the CPA bid and based on that, this feature will automatically adjust your bidding and try to show your ad on most of the converting position so that you achieve higher ROI.

You might witness some fluctuations in terms of your traffic behaviour initially when you implement it, but later it might change.

I would encourage you to read this article to see how conversion optimizer works and how you can use it most effectively.

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

a few things that we learnt while trying Conversion optimizer(and these are just based on my experience and interpretation, which is probably different from other peoples'):

conversion optimizer is best used when you're concerned about CPA, not any other metric

before turning it on:

1. have 30 or more conversions in the last 2-4 weeks(the more the better).

2. be sure most of the search queries you are getting are relevant(you can use Exact match keywords to make this happen, filter out irrelevant search terms using -ve keywords, etc).

3. Conversion optimizer is best used after you've optimized everyhing you can.(ads, bids, landing pages) by manual testing.

4. optimize as much as you cam manually. start getting a good conversion rate, for a statistically significant period of time.

Conversion optimizer's performance depends partially on the launch pad you give it. give it a campaign that is already optimized(as much as you can) for good results