AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Controlling adgroups associated with Product Listing Ads

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been trying to optimize my Product Listing Ads. I have a campaign set up for Product Listing Ads, and do not associate my feed with any of my other ad campaigns. I noticed, while reviewing the search terms in the "all keywords" setting, that Google associates a specific Ad Group with many of the search terms listed. These Ad Groups are irrelevant to the serach term listed, which is confusing. However when I test that term, a relevant result appears. What is the correlation between the Ad Group listed with a users search term? How is this determined?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Controlling adgroups associated with Product Listing Ads

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Artifx,

Thanks for your post! So with Product Listing Ads, the ad group itself has very little to do with which products are actually eligible to be triggered. The ad group provides organization to your account and allows you to group together different ads and targeting methods. Which products are eligible to be shown is determined by your Product Target. So an ad group setup for a typical PLA campaign would have 1 ad and 1 Product Target. If you have a product target selected to show "All Products" than any of your products would be eligible to display as a Product Listing Ad. The "Keyword Details" report (also known as the Search Terms Report) will then report the actual searches that users typed into Google.com that triggered your ad an led to a click. The searches that you'll see here triggered your products based on information in your Merchant Center data feed and any filters you've setup on the Product Target.

For more information on targeting your Product Listing Ads, I'd recommend reading the section in this help center article entitled "Understanding how product targets trigger your ads for relevant searches."

Thank you and Happy Halloween!

Best,

Anne

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Controlling adgroups associated with Product Listing Ads

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Artifx,

Thanks for your post! So with Product Listing Ads, the ad group itself has very little to do with which products are actually eligible to be triggered. The ad group provides organization to your account and allows you to group together different ads and targeting methods. Which products are eligible to be shown is determined by your Product Target. So an ad group setup for a typical PLA campaign would have 1 ad and 1 Product Target. If you have a product target selected to show "All Products" than any of your products would be eligible to display as a Product Listing Ad. The "Keyword Details" report (also known as the Search Terms Report) will then report the actual searches that users typed into Google.com that triggered your ad an led to a click. The searches that you'll see here triggered your products based on information in your Merchant Center data feed and any filters you've setup on the Product Target.

For more information on targeting your Product Listing Ads, I'd recommend reading the section in this help center article entitled "Understanding how product targets trigger your ads for relevant searches."

Thank you and Happy Halloween!

Best,

Anne