AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Contextual Targeting Placement

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I am using conversion optimizer and target CPA (1-per-click) bidding for my Contextual Targeting Placement campaign, which consist of 4 ad groups. I am facing a problem in this. 

Most of my budget for this campaign is getting spent in one ad group itself and with in few hours of the day, It started showing " Limited by Budget".

Any idea how can i save my budget for whole day rather than spending most of the money in few hours.

Thanks in Advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author neerajkv30
September 2015

Re: Contextual Targeting Placement

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello,

I would suggest you to increase the budget first as per the stats you mentioned above because the conversions are happening from all the ad groups.

One more suggestion I would like to make here: You might consider splitting your CPA campaign in near future if the conversion process continues like that. Reason being if one of your ad group is really excellent, then why not allocate full fledged budget for that and another CPA campaign for rest of the ad groups.

My 2 cents!
Pankaj

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Neeraj,

There are many aspects to look upon in your case as per my understanding:

First of all see if the ad group which is utilizing most of your budget is yielding any business profit in terms of conversion or not?

How's your delivery method set? Standard or accelerated?

Are you achieving the required CPA from that high cost ad group inside the campaign or not?

Look at the historical data and see whether your campaign was performing well without CPA bidding or is it performing better now?

In case you find that only one ad group with CPA bid is performing good, then you might consider taking out rest of the ad groups from that campaign and launch them separately with CPC bidding (may be).

If there is a possibility to increase the budget, then you might try that for couple of weeks or so using the Opportunity Tab and see what budget Google recommends for you.

Few of my thoughts!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Pankaj,

Thank you for your time. Below are the stats

First of all see if the ad group which is utilizing most of your budget is yielding any business profit in terms of conversion or not?

Campaign: XYZ

Adgroup 1 : 50% of conversion of Campaign XYZ

[ Adgroup 2 ,Adgroup 3 ,Adgroup 4 ] : 50% of conversion of Campaign XYZ

How's your delivery method set? Standard or accelerated?

Auto-optimized, But I have used Ad scheduling and My campaign is running between

Only show ads at selected times

12:00 am - 1am and 8am - 11:59pm .

I used to check the stats by 9:00am eveyday, And Everytime I see that 70% of my budget is over by 9:00am (Means in 2hrs) and its shows "LIMITED BY BUDGET".

Are you achieving the required CPA from that high cost ad group inside the campaign or not?

My Target CPA(1-per-Click) is 600 but I am getting cost/conv(1-per-click) 665.

Look at the historical data and see whether your campaign was performing well without CPA bidding or is it performing better now?

No, It is performing much better now than before.

After the above stats , You still suggest me to separate the Ad groups. And I am thinking to increase the Budget for the Campaign.

Any Suggestion?

Thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author neerajkv30
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello,

I would suggest you to increase the budget first as per the stats you mentioned above because the conversions are happening from all the ad groups.

One more suggestion I would like to make here: You might consider splitting your CPA campaign in near future if the conversion process continues like that. Reason being if one of your ad group is really excellent, then why not allocate full fledged budget for that and another CPA campaign for rest of the ad groups.

My 2 cents!
Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

First, I will increase the budget for the campaign and see what happens after 2 weeks.

Then I will look into the stats and see whether i should separate the Ad groups or not.

Thanks for the help Pankaj.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Glad I could help a bit Smiley Happy