AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Content campaigns in English on German websites POSSIBLE?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I would like to know if it is possible to run English speaking text ad on German content websites?

The reason why I am doing this is that the website of my client is in English but he is targeting German speaking people. So I am trying to advertise in English because I want to avoid a very high bounce rate due to the fact that the language of the website would not be the same than in my ads.

It seems that my ads are currently marked elligible but not running because of a bubble in the status area saying "This ad is not receiving all the available impressions because your quality score is below our threshold". So, it seems that I am not going to have a sufficient quality squore because of the language but the strange thing is that one website is getting impression and it is however a german speaking website...so why this one is getting impressions, is running and not the others if the language is the issue? 

Bets regards,

Cecile

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Content campaigns in English on German websites POSSIBLE?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I going to jump in here. Actually, keywords on the Display Network do get a QS, but that QS is never shown in the AdWords interface. What it does show is the QS for the Search Network.

Keywords in a DN campaign help Google determine where to place your ads.

But that's all I know!

Best of Luck

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Cecile,

I think reason can be Interest-based advertising choosed by website owner.  As per Google Interest-based advertising enables advertisers to reach users based on their interests (e.g. 'sports enthusiasts'), and allows them to show ads based on a user's previous interactions with them, such as visits to advertiser websites.

But not sure, i hope some other forum participants can tell about the exact reason.

Dinesh
My Blog

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

What confuses me about this situation is the qulaity score warning for the display network....Quality score is not a factor when it comes to the display network. Is this campaign display only, or search and display?

I completely agree with Dinesh that topic and/or interest based targeting can be very effective for display advertising, and you should think about experimenting with your targeting options. In fact, I don't actually use keyword targeting anymore, so perhaps something has changed regarding keywords on the display network, and I'm just not aware of it yet...

Do you use keyword targeting on display at all Dinesh? Has something changed, and is QS now a factor of display advertising?

Tom

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I going to jump in here. Actually, keywords on the Display Network do get a QS, but that QS is never shown in the AdWords interface. What it does show is the QS for the Search Network.

Keywords in a DN campaign help Google determine where to place your ads.

But that's all I know!

Best of Luck

Pete

[ Edited ]
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 5
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi cecile88,

I would add couple of links to what Pete said above the Display network and QS:

Best practice, separate Display and Search campaigns from each other and focus on increasing the quality of your ad text and keyword list.

Best,

Zee

Zee
G+

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

ok, so there is now an official quality score for ads on the display network, not just "quality and relavence factors". Is there a numerical value for the ad quality score, or is this just a simplication of the language referring to how ads are ranked on the display network?

"The ad's performance history on the page and similar pages" So is CTR the primary "performance" metric for an ads quality score for display? That was a question from another thread (old forum I think) that apparently I also got wrong.

"It seems that my ads are currently marked elligible but not running because of a bubble in the status area saying" That's where I went wrong, my fault... I got so used to seeing quality score of keywords being confused with the (former) "quality and relavence factors" for ads, I didn't think to check whether the language in the help documents had changed or not.

So in short, I was completly wrong, I should have actually read the question instead of assuming, and thanks for setting me straight here. It looks like before I comment any further in the new forum, I need to read through the new help center. Smiley Happy

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you all for your response Robot Happy, I added topics and audience. I also increased a little my bids. For the moment nothing reaaly change but I'm working on it! ;-) 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Not to worry, Tom. I don't think this is a change in the system, just a part that many people don't know about. I'm glad we had the chance to discuss this here.

Pete