AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Connecting Ads with Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everybody

I need help with connecting my Google Adwords textads to my business on Google Maps.

The problem is that, when I search and look up my business on Google Maps, then below the standard information, I often see a textad from one of my competitors. This is a bit annoying J

Is there some way in which I can ensure, that when users are looking at my business on Google Maps, then they will see my textad, and not my competitors?

Regards

Søren

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Connecting Ads with Google Maps

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there some way in which I can ensure, that when users are looking at my business on Google Maps, then they will see my textad, and not my competitors?

No, there is no way you could ensure that, and the only way I think can think of by which you could decrease the probability of your competitors ad show up there is trying to having someone elses ad show up there, for example your own Smiley Happy

To do this, I´d launch an ad group targeting the display network using my own company name (and/ord brandname) as keywords and maps.google.com as manages placement.

PLease let us know if it works : )

http://www.smallbusinessonlinecoach.com/blog/ppc/how-to-add-your-ppc-ads-to-google-places-pages/

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author somujen
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi again

Sorry for the late response, but I needed a testperiod, and I can confirm that the method descriped by David_Precisera worked.

Thank you for your help with the problem.

Regards

Søren

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello somujen,

Onething which you can do is the Location Extensions. By doing this, you can connect additional information with your standard text ads, where Google will show the directions and other relevant info present.

There are 2 ways to do that: One is to either manually enter the business addresses which are important for you.

Another way is to link your Google Places account with your Adwords campaign so that Adwords can automatically sync the addresses present in your Google Places account.

The problem is that, when I search and look up my business on Google Maps, then below the standard information, I often see a textad from one of my competitors. This is a bit annoying J

There might be chances that you are seeing an Adwords Express ad, which is separate from standard Adwords text ads. You can read here for more details and differences between Places, Adwords Express and Adwords.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

No, there is no way you could ensure that, and the only way I think can think of by which you could decrease the probability of your competitors ad show up there is trying to having someone elses ad show up there, for example your own Smiley Happy

To do this, I´d launch an ad group targeting the display network using my own company name (and/ord brandname) as keywords and maps.google.com as manages placement.

PLease let us know if it works : )

http://www.smallbusinessonlinecoach.com/blog/ppc/how-to-add-your-ppc-ads-to-google-places-pages/

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author somujen
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi again

Sorry for the late response, but I needed a testperiod, and I can confirm that the method descriped by David_Precisera worked.

Thank you for your help with the problem.

Regards

Søren