AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Concerned About Display Placements

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Recently spotted a slightly disturbing website being allowed to feature placements which has put me off using the Display Network. (I've blocked it of course).

It had some pretty nasty stuff about women and LGBT people on it - views my client would not want to be associated with. I reported the website and explained my worries and Google did not even bother to reply to me.

Can anyone explain why websites like this are acceptable?

Or at best how I can block things like this? I was targeting 'home & garden' for goodness sake, not 'political / religious'.

I've begun monitoring the placements a bit obsessively now because I don't want my client being associated with such nasty, extreme political views. It honestly never occurred to me that you would allow that kind of site on your network. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Helen G
March 2016

Re: Concerned About Display Placements

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I understand. If you think that the website is one that uses AdSense, you can use this form https://support.google.com/adsense/contact/violation_report to report it. Maybe it slipped under the radar.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Helen.

It looks like you should really use the category exclusion available in AdWords (something I for one always use): https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3306596?hl=en

There are a lot of sensitive categories you can exclude.

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Calin, I already did! Precisely to avoid this kind of thing.

I'll exclude a bunch of topics now though, didn't spot that section in the drop down. I really appreciate the help, but I still don't feel an extreme right wing political site featuring hate speech should be on the Display Network. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Helen G
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I understand. If you think that the website is one that uses AdSense, you can use this form https://support.google.com/adsense/contact/violation_report to report it. Maybe it slipped under the radar.