AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Complicated remarketing case

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,
The case is: we have one landing page with pop-up video content. The video is not redirected to YouTube and don't have URL address. How can i use remarketing for those users, which play the video content on the landing page????

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author SMSEM
September 2015

Re: Complicated remarketing case

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi,

You are correct here. You will have to create an event in GA for every time someone clicks the play button on your video. You can also further scale it further by adding in events for video played for more than certain duration like 30 secs, 60 secs, etc. & depending on your requirements set up GA remarketing to retarget such users.

As far as I understand, this is very much possible with GA remarketing but video events are a pre requisite here.

Another way of doing this without GA is make it so that whenever a user clicks on your video they are taken to a different page ( as in a new page opens up with your video playing in it) and you can place your remarketing code on this new page. As and when the user clicking on the video lands on this redirected page, he/she will be added to your remarketing list.

Advice you to create a completely new list for these set of users in AdWords, that way you can use custom combinations in the future as well.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

There are 2 aspects here:-

Video Remarketing is specific to AdWords for Video campaigns where you are already showing your Video ads on You Tube and Partner video sites across Google Display Network. This requires video to be present on You Tube. More details are here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2545661?hl=en

Another Remarketing is where you know that the users reach your website or landing pages, but have not taken any action in the form of submitting any form, completing any sales etc...So you implement a remarketing tag across various pages of your website to collect cookies of those users and then show them tailored ads so that those users can again reach your website and convert for you. Here you can find more details around this: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454000

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,
As i said, we don't have any URL of that video and the video is not uploaded in to YouTube.
So i think that will be good to create an Event in to analytics and then to create analytics remarketing list with included Event. Am i right?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

Here are the detailed requirements on setting up Remarketing using Google Analytics: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2611268?hl=en

I hope this helps somewhere!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author SMSEM
September 2015

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi,

You are correct here. You will have to create an event in GA for every time someone clicks the play button on your video. You can also further scale it further by adding in events for video played for more than certain duration like 30 secs, 60 secs, etc. & depending on your requirements set up GA remarketing to retarget such users.

As far as I understand, this is very much possible with GA remarketing but video events are a pre requisite here.

Another way of doing this without GA is make it so that whenever a user clicks on your video they are taken to a different page ( as in a new page opens up with your video playing in it) and you can place your remarketing code on this new page. As and when the user clicking on the video lands on this redirected page, he/she will be added to your remarketing list.

Advice you to create a completely new list for these set of users in AdWords, that way you can use custom combinations in the future as well.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"