AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Close Variants matching

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I have read that Google will removing the close variant matching  for Exact and Phrase. How much will it beneficial for advertisers?

Re: Close Variants matching

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi reenu,

Nice question, might I suggest that you read the discussion in the link below:
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/exact-phrase-or-closed-variants/t...

A number of nice opinions these and tons to take it.

Enjoy the read

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Clynton to share this discussion with me. I have cleared many things through this discussion. But I have one more question about it is that Suppose i have a computer shop and selling laptops. I take keyword in my campaign is laptop shop. Now if any user is
searching with keyword laptop shops in my area then in this case i would miss this click while it is also relevant keyword with me. Now for it, we have to put plural keywords in our campaign if i want to show my ads on it. This case will increase the keywords lists and that would be difficult to manage. Am i thinking right? please give me advise.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Reenu,

No you don't have to add plural keywords in your campaign.
From Late September 2014 google is applying Close variant keyword matching to all exact and phrase match keywords. so then the option to opt out include close variant will be removed from campaign settings. i.e. you cant opt out showing your ads to the queries closely matches to your keywords.

you can read more about this update announcement at adwords blog
http://adwords.blogspot.in/2014/08/close-variant-matching-for-all-exact.html

regards,
Rahul Goel