AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Clicking add

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there away to find out who's clicking on your add. I feel these clicks are from people who are just trying to get you to spend money and not from people looking for your services.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Clicking add

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi SlyRock,

About the only thing you can do is look through your web logs for AdWords clicks and see if you have a number from the same IP address.Look for the presence of a gclid value in the query string to identify the traffic.

Google is pretty good at catching this activity. You can add the invalid clicks column to the campaigns tab to see how many Google has detected. You are not charged for those.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

HI,

There's no way to see who is clicking your ad. You can be sure though that the clicks are not from people trying to get you to spend money.

Using AdWords effectively is very complex and is not as simple as chosing a few keywords, creating an ad and seeing what happens.

I assume the reason you're asking is because you're not seieng any conversions from your advertising, is this correct?

Ryan.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi SlyRock,

About the only thing you can do is look through your web logs for AdWords clicks and see if you have a number from the same IP address.Look for the presence of a gclid value in the query string to identify the traffic.

Google is pretty good at catching this activity. You can add the invalid clicks column to the campaigns tab to see how many Google has detected. You are not charged for those.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords