AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Clickable Dynamic Gallery in Google Web Designer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I hope I'm in the right place, but here goes:

I'm trying to create a dynamic banner in Web Designer, but I've run into an issue I can't seem to solve.

I've created a banner with a dynamic gallery and everything seems to work fine with the banner, however none of the imagse are by default clickable. I've tried to add a tap area component (bound to override exit url to the product url) to the group which the gallery is based on.

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

It's the right way to go, as far as I remember. The only frustrating thing is that you'll only be able to use one URL if you run your ad in AdWords and not through DoubleClick. Therefore if you have three products, each with its own URL, it won't work. You'll have to send clicks on any products (which in fact are clicks on the tap area) to the same URL. It's one of the things that really made me want to wait for the Dynamic Remarketing Ads custom templates to be launched.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi and thanks for the help.

It does however sound a bit strange. I've created dynamic ads that show two products that Adwords seems to accept with different urls as long as the tap areas are bound dynamically to the urls with exit overrides. 

My problem with the tap areas in the gallery is that the tap areas simply don't show up on the different products.

I hope it made sense.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Ok, then it seems it's not what I thought it is. What template have you used for your ads?

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I didn't use a template. Maybe I should try that out.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Let us know how this turns out, please.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I will. I just haven't had a time to look further into a solution.

Thanks for all the feedback Smiley Happy