AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Click-to-download versus Mobile App Extension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

can someone please tell me what the difference is between a mobile app extension and a click-to-download ad? No matter how much I read up on it, there doesn't seem to be any difference - but Google talks about them as two completely separate things! 

I can see mobile app extensions in my ad extensions tab, but how would I go about creating a click-to-download ad? Are they the same thing? If not, what's the difference and how do I set up click-to-download?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Click-to-download versus Mobile App Extension

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

They are not same, but they correspond to almost similar targets inside the Mobile Application gallery which you want your users to see.

Mobile App Extension is an ad extension and as per Google notes, you can only have one mobile app extension per text ad copy, which is not the case with regular sitelink extensions. Refer to this article for more insights.

Click to download ads are meant to take the users directly to your app. which you want them to download either from Android Play Store or iTunes gallery. See this article for more details.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Re: Click-to-download versus Mobile App Extension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Pankaj do you consult on a fees basis ?