AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Click-to-Play Ad Format

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.

Can anyone please tell me if click-to-play ad formats are part of AdWords for video or Ad Gallery? If they are part of Ad Gallery, what type of bidding is used?

I looked this up on Google Partners' support but the information doesn't seem definite.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Click-to-Play Ad Format

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Craig,
Click to play ads are part of AdWords for Video (video campaigns). The ad gallery simply allows you to create ads to be used in your adwords for video campaigns. The ad gallery is just a tool for creating ads, you don't run any advertising through it.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Craig,
Click to play ads are part of AdWords for Video (video campaigns). The ad gallery simply allows you to create ads to be used in your adwords for video campaigns. The ad gallery is just a tool for creating ads, you don't run any advertising through it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the clarification Dave.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

I beg to differ on this one.
You can create a click to play ad in the ad gallery (must do so), but it must not be run used in "AdWords for Video" but can be used only in ordinary display campaign.